The U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA) will be sponsoring local workforce development board membership training in three locations during the month of March. The training will be of a very high caliber provided by subject matter experts employed by Maher and Maher, who has been contracted by the USDOL/ETA to provide the training for local board members at no costs to the State. However, the State is limited to three locations within Alabama at which the training will be available to local board members.
Board members are encouraged to attend any one of the following training events:
* The Alabama Robotics Technology Park (AIDT Training Center), 6505 US 31, Tanner, AL 35671 (across from Calhoun Community College) –
March 7, 2018 from 10:00 A.M. CST to 4:00 P.M. CST
* The Alabama Workforce Training Center (AIDT Center), 3500 6th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35222 –
March 15, 2018 from 10:00 A.M. CDT to 4:00 P.M. CDT
* The AIDT Hyundai Training Center, 900 Hyundai Blvd, Montgomery, AL 36105 –
March 22, 2018 from 10:00 CDT to 4:00 P.M. CDT
Sample of the Possible Topics:
• Board Roles and Responsibilities
• Development of High Impact Boards
• LMI issues and trends and use of this intelligence to engage community and private sector partnerships
• Strategic vs. Tactical Boards
• System Building and Accountability
Please be sure to provide Paul Sullivan at (334) 242-5416 or [email protected]
the location of the training session you will be attending.
Please note that lunch will be provided for all attendees at each training site. It is up to the trainers as to whether or not they want to make it a “working lunch” or take a short break for the on-site lunch.