Education is a game changer.
Education is a game-changer and can open doors of opportunity for personal and career growth. That’s why we’ve partnered with Career Online High School, a fully accredited, highly supported program to give adults a second chance at their education.
How does it work?
COHS focuses on the real-world skills you need to succeed in the workplace today. In addition to a high school diploma, you earn a Career Certificate in your chosen career area.
Enroll in the Career Online High School program
You’ll choose one of 10 career tracks to complete. After selecting your track, you will enroll in the Pre-Requisite: Part 1 course for your selected career track. You will have 2 weeks to complete the course (after 2 weeks, your access to the course will expire).
Register with Career Connect
To register, contact West AlabamaWorks at (205)735-9675 or visit westalabamajobs.com
Continue Your Career Track
After registering with Career Connect, confirm you are ready to begin Part 2 of your career track. An academic coach will schedule a welcome call and advise you on your next steps.
What do I get?
- An accredited, valid diploma (not a GED).
- 100% Online access to complete your career track when and where you choose.
- Transfer Credit for any high school courses you may have completed or GED tests you have successfully passed.
- Support from a personal academic coach and certified teachers.
Am I eligible?
- You must either live or work in one of the following counties: Tuscaloosa, Fayette, Lamar, Pickens, Walker, Jefferson, Hale, Bibb, Jefferson, or Shelby.
- Didn’t obtain a High School Diploma
- Didn’t obtain a G.E.D.
- Show a willingness and ability to dedicate ten hours a week to coursework.
- Must first register and complete a two-week Pre-Requisite Course.
- Must have internet and computer or tablet access.
West AlabamaWorks! is making Career Online High School available to you through The Appalachian Regional Commission’s Power grant. For more information, please contact our office at (205)735-9675.